Kiosé here!...&...uh...dunno, make yourself at home, I guess.
If you like what you see feel free to drop me a message...or even if you don't like what you see...or if you just feel like it...probably :P
[Fanart here made by my own clumsy hands is tagged "Let's draw or die trying"].
- Cinder trips. Cinder falls
- Cinder can’t get up. Cinder crawls
- Cinder is really emotional. Cinder bawls
- Cinder got yo number. Cinder calls
Actually, I do! I went into the old notes document for the episode, which had a working title of “Mom and Dad” and found a list of potential lines at the bottom. In an alternate universe, one of these could have been on a billboard at Coney Island!
- At least I tried and nobody died.
- Eh, I ain’t perfect, but at least I got all my hair.
- You can’t have steak without mistakes.
- I never said I was Neal Peart!
- Hey, if nobody screwed up, we wouldn’t have chimichangas.
- You can’t sue me for trying.
- I may have screwed up, but at least it was funny.
- It only counts as a failure if you don’t laugh.
- Hey, Rome wasn’t burnt down in a day.
- So I stink, at least people smelled it.
- It’s all french fries to me!
- Not every topping’s a winner.
- If nobody was a loser, there’d be no point in keeping score.
I think we got it right with the line we went with, though. Some of these don’t make any sense.
Alternate “Pork Chop” Lines from Story Editor Matt Burnett
Cross out what you’ve done:
- I have/had piercings besides the ears.
I want piercings besides the ears.
I have a scar.
I tan easily.
- I wish my hair was a different color.
- I have friends who have never seen my natural hair color.
- I have/want a tattoo.
I can be self-conscious about my appearance.
- I have/had braces
- I have more than two piercings.
Disney movies still make me crysometimes. (WHAT DO YOU MEAN “SOMETIMES”)
I’ve laughed so hard I’ve cried.
I’ve glued my hand to something.
I’ve laughed until some kind of beverage came out of my nose
- I’ve had my pants rip in public.
I’ve touched something sharp/hot/etc to see if it would hurt.
- I’ve gotten stitches.
- I’ve broken or dislocated a bone.
- I’ve had my tonsils removed.
- I’ve had my wisdom teeth removed.
I’ve had chicken pox
- I’ve been to Florida.
I’ve driven/ridden over 200 miles in one day.
I’ve been on a plane.
- I’ve been to California
- I’ve been to Asia.
- I’ve been to Niagara Falls.
- I’ve been to Vanuatu or the Mystery Islands.
- I’ve been to the Caribbean.
- I’ve been to Europe.
I’ve gotten lost in my city.
I’ve seen a shooting star.
I’ve wished on a shooting star.
I’ve seen a meteor shower.
I’ve gone out in public in my pajamas.
I’ve pushed all the buttons on an elevator.
I’ve slapped someone.
- I’ve kissed someone underwater.
I’ve chugged something.
- I’ve crashed a car.
- I’ve been skiing.
- I’ve been in a musical.
I’ve auditioned for something.
I’ve been on stage.
- I’ve caught a snowflake on my tongue.
I’ve sat on a rooftop at night.
I’ve pranked someone.
I’ve ridden in a taxi.
Honesty / Crime
- I’ve been threatened to be arrested.
I’ve done something I promised someone I wouldn’t.
- I’ve done something I promised myself I wouldn’t.
I’ve snuck out.
I’ve lied about my whereabouts.
I’ve cheated while playing a game.
I’ve been in a fist fight.
I’m afraid of dying.
- I hate funerals.
- I’ve seen someone/something die.
- Someone I know has attempted/committed suicide.
- I have attempted suicide.
- I’ve thought about suicide before.
- I’ve written a eulogy for myself.
- I own over 5 rap CD’s.
I’m obsessed with anime/manga.
I collected comic books.
- I own a lot of makeup.
- I own something from Pac Sun.
- I own something from The Gap.
- I own something I got on E-Bay.
- I own something from Abercrombie.
I thrive on compliments.
- I thrive on hate.
- I can sing low key.
- I’ve stolen a tray from a fast food restaurant.
- I open up to others easily.
- I watch the news occasionally or always.
- I don’t like to kill bugs.
I sing in the shower.
- I’m a morning person.
- I’m a sports fanatic.
I twirl my hair.
I care about grammar.
I love to spam friends.
- I’ve copied more than 30 CD’s in a day.
- I bake well.
- I would wear pajamas to school.
- I like Martha Stewart.
I laugh at my own jokes.
- I eat fast food weekly.
I’ve not turned something in and still got an A in a certain class.
- I can’t sleep if there’s a spider in the room.
- I’m really ticklish.
I like white chocolate.
- I bite/used to bite my nails.
- I’m good at remembering names.
- I’m good at remembering dates.
- I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life.
- ..used to ask if I was anorexic/bulimic.
..called me fat.
..have said I’m skinny.
..have said I’m ugly.
..have said I’m pretty.
- ..have spread rumors about me.
- ..force me to eat.
..say I eat too much.
..say I eat too little.
- I’ve lost weight quickly.
- I’ve gained weight quickly.
- I’m at my thinnest.
- I’m at my biggest.
- I’ve lost weight and kept it off.
- I’ve lost weight, but gained it back.
- My weight affects my mood.
- I diet.
- I’m vegan/vegetarian.
I exercise. Sometimes.
I’ve fainted from exhaustion.
- I’ve sworn at my parents.
- I’ve planned to run away from home before.
- I’ve run away from home.
- I have a sibling less than one year old.
- I want kids in the future.
- I’ve had kids.
- I’ve lost a child.
- I’m engaged.
- I’m married.
- I’m single.
- I’ve gone on a blind date.
- I have/had a friend with benefits.
I miss someone right now.
I have a fear of abandonment.
- I’ve gotten divorced.
I’ve had feelings for someone who didn’t have them back.
Someone has/had feelings for me when I didn’t have them back.
- I’ve told someone I loved them when I didn’t.
I’ve told someone I didn’t love them when I did.
I’m a cuddler.
- I’ve been kissed in the rain.
I’ve hugged a stranger.
- I’ve kissed a stranger.
- I regularly drink.
- I can’t swallow pills
- I can swallow numerous pills at a time without difficulty.
- I’ve been diagnosed with depression at some point.
- I have/had anxiety problems.
I shut others out when I’m upset.
- I don’t have anyone to talk to when I’m upset about something personal.
- I have taken/take anti-depressants.
I’ve slept an entire day before.
I’ve plotted revenge.
Alrighty then FIRST, we need to get you past the adorableness. Because lets face it jade is adorable and sweet and usually those things aren’t often associated with STRONG physically or mentally [which is wrong but hey that is how shit is portrayed a lot by ppl these days and it kinda sticks in your sub-conscious whether you like it or not].
So we’re gonna start with addressing mental strength.
Other than just being kawaii as fuck, Jade is also metal as fuck. I mean she hollowed out and stuffed her own grandpa once he died because she knew that is the kind of ‘burial’ he would have wanted [“family tradition”], and she was only a little kid.
She pretty much took care of herself for the rest of her life [sure she had an omnipotent dog to help, but she did most of it on her own. It’s not like Becquerel could talk to her. He couldn’t give her advice or help her through tough times with anything other than being there for her. Jade had to tough it out solo or talk to her friends online and that was all she had.]
Then with all the bullying she dealt with from the trolls on a regular basis and Vriska putting her to sleep every 10 minutes for a laugh and all this shit starts to add up. But DESPITE all that, Jade still ends up being a really kind and decent person. She’s also fearless and rad as hell ok.
And people say ‘oh well she fell apart at the sight of Dave’s dead body she’s a wuss,’ but no one seems to ask WHY.
First of all people shouldn’t act like they wouldn’t flip the fuck out if they saw their friend’s dead body just lying around ok. Second, Jade gets upset because she has empathy and she’s a human being. Because one of her best friends [and one of the only 3 people she has in her life at that time mind you] is dead.
Her breaking down isn’t a sign of weakness it just shows that her friends mean EVERYTHING to her, and the thought of anything happening to them is her worst nightmare. Who wouldn’t fall apart?
Now, addressing physical strength.
Before we even get into the god tier stuff, we need to talk about Jade’s other abilities. Jade is an expert markswoman and is more than sufficient in hand to hand combat. She is shown to kick ass even without a weapon for quite some time before she gets her superpowers.
And what does Jade do once she gets those incredible space powers? SHE TRAINS. She wasn’t complacent with being ‘all-powerful.’ She climbed her way up the echeladder until she no longer needed a strife specibus at all. And even though her powers surpass any weapon she could wield, she decided to start training with different weapons just for the hell of it.
She was confident enough with a sword to challenge Dave to a sparring match. Dave who is supposed to be this great warrior guy, yet he has barely trained at all during his trip. He hasn’t even reached the tier where he no longer needs a strife specibus so it is definitely canon that he’s at a lower level than Jade [even without Jade’s power boost from Bec].
Jade is so strong because she strives to better herself at every turn. She works hard to be the best she can be in everything she does. Whether that’s science, combat, space powers, or just being friendly, Jade goes all-in.
And to be honest, the only beta kid even remotely close to on par with her at the moment would be John [because of his fight with Bec Noir] and even then he’s still miles behind because of her power-up.
Dave has been pretty slack as far as training goes [i think the sparring thing was only really something he did with Bro, i doubt he’s trained very much on his own as he seems disinterested in it, and now he’s refusing to even use his time powers].
Rose is drunk off her ass and has been probably the most slack of any of them during the 3 year trip on the meteor [although tbh her god tier is more of a support class anyway her powers aren’t meant to be about strength anyway they help to make the team stronger].
And even if Jade’s powers got a downgrade [which, if the green sun is destroyed, is very likely] Jade would still be far more lethal than the other beta kids because Space control is hella dangerous.
But with Jade’s personality we only ever got to see the ‘nice side’ of space powers, until now.
One thing you have to understand is that Jade controls Matter:the basic fabric of the universe.
She only uses her powers for good unless she’s being mind-controlled. But if Jade get’s backed into a corner I think we’re in for quite a show.
Because Jade can literally vaporise people, and the only thing stopping her is that kind and loving personality. If Jade were like Aranea or [god forbid] Gamzee, then everyone would have been dead long ago.
The reason Jade’s powers are so scary because they’re only limited by her creativity and desire for destruction [or lack thereof]. Because if she decided to, she could just destroy anyone or anything in her path. One snap of the fingers and they would be gone. Dust. And if that isn’t pure, raw power, then I don’t know what is.
When I was in high school, I used to go to the computer lab during lunch.
I would spend the hour on the Yahoo Answers website to answer Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Math questions.
My username was cyanocobalamine, which is another name for Vitamin B12.
Damn…is it too late for me to have a lil’ crush on ya?
…it is? Welp! Ok…I’m gonna go…Laters!